Skip to main content

iLLBliss Ft. CDQ - East & West

Oga supervisor shares another single off his very much acknowledged illygaty 7057 collection, the CDQ-helped tune is titled “East and West” and was delivered by Kezyklef.
According to Illy;
EAST & WEST : I grew up in a quiet town known as CoalCity, ENUGU Eastern Nigeria. The East was home all through my formative years until I moved to Lagos after graduating from UNN for my YouthService. The West instilled the hustle AND belief in me. IT also exposed me to the real opportunities in the music business and helped me achieve my dreams.
The Nigerian Civil War left the Igbo Race scarred and resentful of the West. Growing up, I overheard many conversations about the cunningness and treachery of the Yorubas and how they couldn’t be trusted. From the Yorubas, I heard how much the Igbo man worshipped money and how far we could sell out our own for the right amount. I often wondered how so much bile and ethnic divisions could exist amongst us. Intentionally I embraced Yoruba culture and tradition in my Social Studies classes in Primary School, I knew all the western States, capitals and names of Governors.
I learnt to sketch the late Awolowo faster than any of our past leaders. Till date I find both cultures absolutely rich, vibrant and OURS! In contemporary Nigerian hiphop, our dialects play a pivotal role and helped build a strong connection btw the artists and the streets(fans).
This song celebrates two hustlers from the East & the West, with mutual and absolutely genuine respect for each other’s craft. Beyond the music it heals the horrid memories of our past and unifies us back into one. Produced by @kezyklef featuring my brother and true King @cdqolowo #illygaty7057thealbum #the7057Stories


CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News: Groom Beats Up Master Of Ceremony For Refusing To Play ‘Worldly Songs’ in a wedding ceremony.

A Seventh Day Adventist pastor was beaten mercilessly after he failed to play a ‘worldly’ song for a groom at a wedding ceremony.  The groom walks away with his bride after the serious fight A marriage ceremony ended in a bad note after a groom identified as Bhekinkosi Bhebhe was disgraced for bashing the Master of Ceremony (MC) who refused to play his worldly music at a Seventh Day Adventist church, wedding in Bulawayo area of Zimbabwe. The family of the groom were forced to withhold all gifts ‘until he apologises’ to the people he disrespected when he turned his own wedding upside down and beat up an MC who also happened to be a local church pastor, Mr Miller Dube. According to B-metro, Dube is a Seventh-Day Adventist (SDA) church pastor who was hired by the Bhebhe’s family to help with the wedding. According to reports, Dube’s job was supposed to end after the two tied the knot, but he insisted on carrying out the duties all the way to the wedding reception where everyt...

2face get Fayose's support in Protesting Against Bad Governance.

Ekiti state Governor took to Twitter to throw his support for upcoming 2face National protest.He wrote;

see reaction from #BBNaija Fans To Kemen been Disqualified all Because Of TBoss.

Following the disqualification of Kemen (Ekemini Ekerete), one of the housemates from the ongoing Big Brother Naija (#BBNaija) reality TV series for sexual assault, fans and viewers of the show on Monday took to social media to share their views on the issue. Kemen, a fitness instructor was disqualified from the #BBNaija for sexually harassing another housemate, Tboss. According to Ekan Damie, a viewer “for the first time, I actually decided to watch on YouTube to see what warranted eviction since I know immoral acts have always been condoned in the show before now. “I totally see nothing wrong in what Kemen did based on the values of the show. “If they allow opposite sex to creep into or share bed, I see no reason why touching is not possible. besides the lady in question neither cautioned him or complained to big brother in any diary section. “And for those questioning my morality, we are talking of an immoral show here not project fame or ultimate search. “So all of y...